Monday, May 26, 2008

Candy at the Zoo

We went to the zoo today. While scoping out the gift shop for some sunglasses I lsaw some frog candy that I thought was cute. I skeptically picked up the candy while thinking... why bother it won't be safe. To my surprise it passed my careful inspection and was safe for MG to eat. Candy is a rare occasion for a child with nut allergies. She was so thrilled with the frog candy that she happily held them for hours. Fifteen minutes later I wondered if I'd explained things properly so I made sure she knew what candy was and that these candy frogs were something safe to eat. By the time we got home from the zoo they were glued to her hand and I convinced her that HER frog's would be safe in a bowl as we peeled them off. She held the frogs again as soon as nap time was over. We left them home while we went to a neighborhood park and on the way home she asked if she could eat her frog's. At home she slowly ate one frog. I'm assuming that she's saving the 2nd one for tomorrow. Now I'm keeping my fingers crossed that this candy will stay safe so MG can enjoy some on special occasions! Here are some pics from our zoo visit. It was the perfect zoo day!

MG was thrilled to see a BABY GORILLA...
We loved the BUTTERFLY exhibit....
We rarely see the HIPPO'S at our zoo and yes that's a soy butter sandwich with local honey on tapioca bread....

The BEARS gave us a great view....

0 comments: