Sunday, July 6, 2008

Dairy Challenge

We've just started to challenge MG's dairy allergy by giving her as much dairy as possible. Her allergist seems to think that dairy and wheat may have been a false positive testing. Dairy is what we miss the most so we are starting with lots of cheese and ice cream. So far things are going great but unfortunately our focus is now on MG's fractured leg. This poor child never seems to get many 'breaks' with her health and now she's fractured her leg. We hope that she'll be able to eat a lot of ice cream now to make up for having a full leg cast for the rest of the summer!

4 comments:

Jen said...

Bring out the ice cream!!! YUM!

Heather said...

I hope MG's body LOVES dairy!
I'm going to try your oatmeal raisin cookie recipe for a friend who has to refrain from wheat and dairy while she's nursing. Thanks for the recipe! I'll let you know how it turns out.

AMB said...

I think you need to post an update on how great MG is doing on the dairy challenge. I'm also waiting to see when you are going to do the wheat challenge. You can do it!!!

Shannon said...

Hi I just found your site. Poor baby! My son is lacto when it comes to dairy. It is so hard when it comes to feeding a child when they have allergies. Sometimes I spend more time in the store reading labels than shopping!

I can't wait to read more.

Hugs!