Friday, October 31, 2008

Happy Halloween!

Happy Halloween to all of you but especially to those parents out there who fear this holiday like I do. Children LOVE Halloween and for parents with children who have life-threatening nut allergies we DREAD it! My strategy this year is a bag full of safe treats and toys for MG. I'll let her trick and treat and hope that she won't throw a tantrum when she can't eat anything that she receives in her real trick-or-treat bag. I've stocked the 'fake' bag with some awesome packages of fudge stripped cookies, rice krispie treats, fish pretzels, fruit leathers, cute little water bottles, play dough (hooray that she isn't allergic to wheat this year), bubbles and awesome spider stickers with googlie eyes. Wish us luck and I hope none of us have a visit to the ER tonight - - now DEEP BREATH and no hyperventilating!

2 comments:

Jen said...

I hope it all went well for you!

Little Birdie Secrets said...

You are such a cute mom! I love that you created an "alternate" treat bag for her. I'm sure she was thrilled!