Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Reminder Bands

I tried another trick-or-treating safety tool that I forgot to mention, our brand new REMINDER BANDS! I'm thrilled about these! I put one on each of MG's arms.....
and hoped that during trick-or-treating someone would notice and not give her nuts but as you can see (pic below) as this woman places peanut M&M's in her bag people were just to busy to notice. I understand, but I had to try! This is why she didn't get to touch anything inside her actual bag, poor girl!
Check out this website: http://www.reminderband.com/
We are really happy with our bracelets. The only problem was I couldn't fit the words: Peanut, Tree-Nut & Egg Allergies so I had to settle with Nut & Egg Allergies and I think the bracelets will still be really effective as most people don't know that peanuts aren't really a nut. The great thing about these Reminder Bands is that you can customize everything about them. I got orange and pink for MG and she's thrilled about the colors. MG doesn't do well leaving them on her wrist but I'm hoping with time she'll get used to wearing them 24/7!

5 comments:

Jen said...

Sounds like a great idea!

Little Lockards said...

That's a great idea having another bag to trade. Since Gavin's still too little to eat any candy, we just went through the girls' bags and took out all the peanut stuff. They were fine with that. They've also officially switched to soy nut butter and haven't even noticed the difference!

Jessica said...

HI!
Thanks for your comment on my blog. Of course I remember you! This post really hits home with me! I have a sever tree nut allergy. Amen to the thing about people not understanding that peanut are a legume. I have had some pretty scary close calls. Basically any time I go out of town, unfortunately. It feels that way anyway. It makes me so sad to see little kids dealing with it. I am definitely going to check out that band sight! Thanks for the tip! My mom is always worried about the fact that I don't wear a medical band. I'll ease her mind! Stop by my blog anytime.

ownBands said...

Hi, my daughter has also severe allergy problems. We live in Germany. Here we can by those wristbands at www.ownBand.de Silikonarmbaender. You can choose nice colors too. Thank you for this nice blog. Wish you and your family all the best. Marc

jenn said...

This is a good idea! I've seen cute medical ID bracelets that I want to try with my 3 y.o. daughter. They're just so pricey!

http://fiddledeeids.com/

I'm thinking maybe I could just buy one tag and make my own beaded bracelets and then she could choose whichever color bracelet she wanted to wear that day. (because you could just attach the ID tag to it).