Thursday, May 21, 2009

Lemon Chicken Kabobs

For Mother's Day I requested lemon chicken & veggie kabobs for dinner. I realized during dinner what an allergy friendly recipe it is!


Lemon Chicken Kabobs
1 jar Italian Dressing
2 lemons
4 chicken breast halves

Cube the chicken breasts and marinate them in the dressing and the juice from the lemons halves for at least 4 hours.

Place the meat on kabobs separately from the veggies.

This will help everything cook more evenly. It also helps you avoid any cross contamination with the meat because if you have any veggies leftover that you don't end up grilling you'd have to toss them if you've been touching the raw meat and the veggies together.

Any assortment of vegetables and fruit that you like to grill will do. We like to grill: a variety of peppers, zucchini, squash, red onions & pineapple.
Grill on the bbq. Enjoy with a side of rice. Yum! It really is as easy as it sounds. Especially if you pass the grilling portion off to your better half! I wish I would have thought to take a picture of the meat & veggies after they were grilled but I was too hungry, I hope you'll understand.

4 comments:

Jen said...

YUM!!!

Heather said...

This looks delish! We're going to have to try it since it's a new bbq season!

jgirl said...

Hi, you don't know me, but my sister is Cara Lockard=0) My long-time boyfriend has Celaic's as well as a dairy allergy, thank you for posting recipes and such on your blog!=0) It's always nice to find other alternatives to the rice and vegetables he eats most of the time!=0) It's amazing how much time you have to spend planning out what someone with food issues can eat...

Renae said...

Now that both boys have been diagnosed with lots of food allergies I've compiled an entire recipe book of allergy safe meals without having to buy all the special health foods. We're trying this one this weekend when my parents come to visit! Can't wait!