Friday, September 18, 2009

Candy Corn Kisses

Every year when September rolls around I search the Halloween shelves for candy corn to see if anyone has updated their manufacturing processes. I have yet to find a bag that doesn't have either eggs or nuts. Usually it's made on shared equipment with nuts so I angrily toss the bag back and move on. This year I found a fun replacement, ready for the drum roll..................
Hershey's Kisses has a Candy Corn Kiss this year!!


They taste fabulous. Better than a candy corn actually. They are shaped like a kiss (obviously) but have the color combo of regular candy corns. They are a great mix of tasting like a candy corn but with a slight white chocolate taste. I am a die hard fan of brown chocolate so if I say you must try these you really must! They are also egg free and nut free. MG & I love them. For you die hards I also came across a recipe for making homemade candy corn. Forgive me as I'm typing on my laptop and it doesn't let me do the cool click link so you'll have to see the whole website here: http://www.bestallergysites.com/category/basblog/

I'm hoping to give this recipe a try with MG sometime this month.
Thanks Best Allergy Sites for sharing!

p.s. As always I recommend you check your own label of the Hershey Candy Corn Kisses. You never know when manufactures might change the way they process the food. Always better safe then sorry!

0 comments: