Thursday, September 24, 2009

Zucchini Soup

An awesome friend first introduced us to this recipe when she invited us to join her family for dinner. I knew right away that I had to have the recipe and luckily she has the same philosophy that I do: A fabulous recipes must be shared! I've adapted it to make it my own and made it wheat free. White pepper is essential! This is a fabulous way to devour all that fresh from the garden zucchini greatness for those who are harvesting it like crazy.

Zucchini Soup
6 cups zucchini, peeled and sliced
1 cup water
1 cup chopped onion
2 t. seasoned salt
1 t. parsley
4 bouillon cubes
4 T. butter
4 T. corn starch
1/4 t. white pepper
2 c. milk
1 c. half & half
paprika (optional)
sour cream (optional)

Combine zucchini, water, onion, seasoned salt, parsley and 2 bouillon cubes on a stove top and cook until zucchini is tender. Mash or puree and set aside (a food processor works best).

In a saucepan, melt butter. Add cornstarch, 2 bouillon cubes and white pepper. Stir until smooth. Add milk, half & half and simmer until thickened stirring constantly. Stir in pureed mix and thin with more half & half is desired. Garnish with paprika and sour cream.
I hope you enjoy this as much as my family does. We especially love to dip it with fabulous crusty bread!

1 comments:

Little Lockards said...

Sounds good... As soon as I'm feeling better I'm going to try it!