Monday, November 16, 2009

Pumpkin Puree

In case you were wondering, making your own Pumpkin Puree is worth the time. In my opinion it's as good as making gold. I use the recipe from 'Pioneer Woman Cooks' in the link above and I highly recommend you give it a try. I've seen a lot of sugar pie pumpkins on sale at several stores in my area. Hopefully you can find them where you live too. I love how Pioneer Woman freezes them in 1 cup batches. Last November I followed her method and was able to use the yummy pumpkin puree for 6 glorious months. It was a sad dark day when we'd used it all up. Today I'm cooking up 13 little sugar pumpkins hoping they'll last me all year. Just like Pioneer Woman recommends save those precious pumpkin seeds. Pumpkin seeds are fabulous no matter who you are or what you can eat but for those who avoid eating nuts they are an extra special treat! I'll be posting some fabulous recipes for baking the seeds next so stay tuned.

0 comments: