Sunday, December 27, 2009

Egg Free Royal Icing

Thank-you to Yummy Allergen Free for posting your recipe for EGG FREE ROYAL ICING. We did Gingerbread houses two years ago with MG's cousins and she instantly reacted badly to the egg in the frosting. I wondered if we'd ever be able to do gingerbread houses again until I found your wonderful recipe which worked like magic. Beware that if we ever meet I'll be resisting the urge to hug and kiss you. Thank-you, thank-you, thank-you!!

Egg Free Royal Icing
from: Yummy Allergen Free

1 c Powdered sugar
1 T Ener-G egg replacer (dry)
1 t Cream of tartar
1/8 t Xanthan gum
2 T Water (approximately)

I quadrupled the recipe for our house and we ran out of the frosting but it was enough to cover most of the house and we had a lot of fun.

It's been awesome to let MG nibble at her house with 100% safe candy and frosting. What a blessing!

3 comments:

Jen said...

I'm so glad MG is able to enjoy making (and snacking on) a gingerbread house!

FoodAllergyMom said...

I'm so happy it worked for you. Your gingerbread house is beautiful!!! Happy Holidays!

Renae said...

THANK YOU! I've been looking for an egg free recipe for us. We're supposed to do gingerbread houses Christmas Eve. Merry Christmas!