Friday, February 5, 2010

Chocolate Hearts

We were at Trader Joe's yesterday and they were giving out samples of their Dark Chocolate Hearts. I asked to see the label and was so surprised that they are peanut, tree nut & egg free. MG was shocked when I handed her one and said they were safe. "Yummmmmy," she sang out. They were scrumptious and would be a special treat to anyone on Valentine's Day. MG wants to give some to her daddy... shhhh... don't tell. I think she knows daddy will share some with her. Here is what the Trader Joe's website says about this new product:

Dark Chocolate Hearts
As Lucy Van Pelt of Peanuts fame once said, “All I really need is love, but a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt!” Here, here! Especially, we say, if it’s a little Dark Chocolate Heart or, for that matter, 15 Dark Chocolate Hearts busting in the center with rich, creamy milk and dark chocolate truffle filling. Made in Belgium from only the finest quality ingredients, these luscious heart shape treats are great for expressing your love or eating it. And at the great price of $4.99 for a 7.05 oz. box, they are everything your heart desires.

The irony of them mentioning the Peanuts show does not escape me.

As always I recommend you double check the label of your own box. Unfortunately Trader Joe's is only in the USA and even then they aren't everywhere. Hope you can find one by you or someone kind enough to mail you a box!

1 comments:

Renae said...

Congrats on the find! I wanted to comment about the movie Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs. I do agree with you that the recovery was a bit unrealistic, but so was the recovery from eating too much junk food too (and being cured with a piece of celery). All in all, despite the fact that I like the book much better, I was pleased that allergies were addressed in a kid's movie. The only other movie I can think of that shows allergies and reactions is Hitch. In the character drinks bottles and bottles of Benedryl for the cure and ends up getting drunk off it. I think I prefer the unrealistic epipen approach! Thanks for your comments on my blog!