Thursday, April 8, 2010

Easter

This is MG in the pink hat all ready to go for her first ever community egg hunt. Aren't I getting brave! I gave her all the precautions and sent her off to have fun.
Then I quickly realized that parents rushed forward with their children and didn't have to wait on the sidelines.
I ran forward to find her knocking children and babies out of my way as I went. Just kidding. I didn't knock anyone down, I think. Then my heart flip flopped when I found her here picking up all of this candy for her basket. Reese's filled eggs and crunch eggs with peanut butter. CRAP!
The candy was well wrapped and she knew not to eat anything so it was ok. That didn't stop my heart from beating and worrying just a little more than usual.

When we got home we let her do a special egg hunt in our back yard. It's something we always do for her and I try to make it extra special. I put very little in each egg so that she has a ton of eggs to find. After all isn't it just as fun finding them as having so many to open?
This year I filled her eggs with lifesaver jelly beans, whopper eggs, fake food for her play kitchen and the best find of all were some Littlest Pet Shops that came in huge Easter eggs. This one was my favorite...
I love the fun and excitement that holidays bring but I always breathe a sigh of relief when MG makes it through another holiday safely.

2 comments:

Jen said...

You are so brave! I'm glad she was able to experience it.

Renae said...

Wow! I don't think I could have done that with my boys. You are really brave! In fact just the other night, my husband was looking at someone's facebook profile and noticed they were standing in front of shelves and shelves of Reese's Peanut Butter Cups. He's says aloud, "Wow! That looks dangerous!" and then pauses and says, "Isn't it sad that's the first thing I think of?" Reese's Peanut Butter Cups are one of his favorite treats. Of course they're not in the house anymore.

I'm glad you had a successful Easter!